ST JOHN'S Market
The brand new, ultra-modern St John's Market in Scunthorpe will open its doors to its first customer on Friday, 22 March at 8.00am.
Occupying the former BHS store on Jubilee Way, Scunthorpe, the new indoor market has been subject to a £4m investment in order to create a new home for traders and bring it into the heart of the town centre.
Main features of the new market include:
- Excellent accessibility - St John's Market is in a prime location in the town centre, adjoining a multi-storey car park and bus station
- 64 market stalls in a modern setting, offering high quality, locally sourced goods
- A food court, with a large seating area offering a range of delicious foods - including hot and cold sandwiches, Indian street food, burgers, jacket potatoes, crepes, hot puddings, tasty sweets and cakes
- A licensed bar, stocked with craft ales, spirits and cocktails
- Mobile carts that can be booked by traders on an ad hoc basis
- Free public WiFi
- Public toilets
The market will trade for five days a week (Tuesday to Saturday, 8.00am to 5.00pm) with extended opening hours for food outlets and street food stalls, trading six days a week week (Monday to Saturday, 8.00am to 9.00pm).